Chrisism: the word created when Chris gets flustered and combines two words. Today’s word is “Ciaodios”. This weekend we say goodbye to our Polly’s family as Polly’s transitions to the capable hands of Susan and Sean. It has been a pleasure to serve St Croix for the last 7 years. Thank you for being such loyal customers and friends over the years. Now we are going to sit down and rest our feet.
A special thanks to Sue Bacallao for being here on day 1 and sticking it out with us as Chris’ work wife. You will always be our family. We are super proud of Sean Moon who walked in 4 years ago looking for a job and started washing dishes. Look at what you have become! We have complete gratitude to Susan for stepping in and buying Polly’s to keep it from shutting its doors forever this month. Susan and Sean are committed to keeping the same daytime good family feeling of which our customers have become accustomed. We can’t wait to see what happens with the night time Tex-Mex expansion. Susan was always disappointed that Hurricane Maria stopped us from our planned kitchen expansion to add a full timeTex-Mex night menu…so she bought Polly’s 3 years later to make it happen! For the community, this means a growth of employment for Frederiksted. Susan and Sean are looking for additional Polly’s family immediately as well as in the near future with the night time expansion. Reach out to them directly.
We are excited that Alyssa will be back in the house in October as she returns from maternity leave. Margi, who was our lifesaver after Hurricane Maria, will be back on Saturday’s. (We have tried unsuccessfully to clone Margi for the other days.)
Chris will be in the house this weekend so please make sure to stop by and say “Ciaodios” to him.
I am signing off now. Ciaodios y’all!
Polly’s at the pier has reopened for dine-in service. We have 9 outside tables (2 in front and 7 in courtyard) and 4 very well spaced inside tables in our open air environment. More good news is that we were approved by the Health Department to serve using REAL plates, glassware, and utensils. Hooray for not putting more useless plastic in our landfill.
Stop in for breakfast from 8 – 11 or lunch from 11 – 3. We can’t wait to see you!
With the Governor of the VI having the “Stay at Home” order in place that limits restaurants to take out only, Polly’s at the Pier will be shortening its hours and closing at 1 pm everyday. Although we strive to keep the doors open all the time to support our community and our employees earning an income, we need to cut some of our losses during this restriction.
Please support ALL your local restaurants that are trying to stay open during this closure and place take-out orders as often as you can! Our industry and its employees are struggling.
Polly’s hours will be Monday – Sunday 8am until 1 pm until the restriction is lifted. Polly’s will be closed Labor Day.
Polly’s at the Pier will be closed for maintenance beginning at noon Saturday, August 15, 2020. We will reopen on Monday, August 31, 2020. On Saturday August 15th, we will service breakfast until 11 am and be closed the remainder of the xay.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you and look forward to serving you when we return.
Here are the updated changes that Polly’s at the Pier has implemented to follow the Governor’s mandate for safe social distancing in a restaurant. Restaurants are no longer allowed to have more than 10 people in the restaurant, including employees.
Whether you want to pick up your order at the counter, get curbside pickup, or dine at one of our few courtyard tables, Polly’s can make it happen for you!
* Polly’s now offers curbside pickup service! (requires credit card, no cash transactions). Check out our menu on www.pollysatthepierstcroix.com or Facebook and call 340-719-9434 to place your order.
* There will be no inside seating. Polly’s will offer a few tables and chairs in our courtyard for those who don’t want to take their food home or we suggest one of the park benches on the waterfront just across the street with a fantastic view of the Caribbean Sea and the pier.
* The order line to the counter must stay to a minimum. Please remain outside until the counter is free and adhere to the distancing tape on the floor. Menu’s are located on the door for you to make your choice before approaching the counter.
* All orders will be packed in to-go containers and can be picked up at the outside window when your name is called. You cannot wait inside for your order as per the health department rules.
Abby, Sean, Chuck, Chris, and our wonderful staff thanks you for your continuing support! Thank you for your patience as we all adjust to these changes. We look forward to serving you.
The Polly’s at the Pier team wants to keep you safe and healthy. Here are ways that we are encouraging social distancing within our open environment and still allow you to be part of the community:
* We have limited the inside tables and have moved them to be at least 6 feet from each other.
* We have increased table seating in our beautiful open courtyard with at least 6 feet distance from each other.
* Hand-out menus are no longer available. You can find our menu taped to the entry doors and to the front counter. Please make your selection before approaching the counter.
* Please do not crowd the line to the counter – keep 6 feet distancing or wait outside until it is your time to approach the counter to place your order.
* Please enjoy our take-out service! You can find the menu on our website or Facebook and place your order 340-719-9434.
* If you have any cold symptoms, we ask that you please do not enter Polly’s. We will be happy to provide a pick-up service for you at the front window. Please let us know when you call in your order. You can provide your credit card info when you place your order.
* We encourage the use of credit cards instead of cash.
Polly’s at the Pier plans to keep our regular hours and our fantastic staff plans to keep serving you. We may need to make additional changes in the near future. Check back with us for updates. We hope that you will continue to support us!
Polly’s at the Pier will now be serving breakfast on Sundays between the hours of 8:00am and 1:00pm. So start your Sunday Funday off right with one of Polly’s made-from-scratch Bloody Mary’s and a Henhouse Waffle Breakfast….or you may want to get creative and build-your-own Polly Scramble or Polly Burrito.
We heard you loud and clear….Polly’s at the Pier is now open every Monday from 8 am – 11 for breakfast and 11 – 3 for lunch.
Say hi to two new members of the Polly’s at the Pier staff. Abby has joined our customer support team and Stacey has joined our fantastic kitchen staff. We are super excited to have them on board! Coming up later in October – Sue will be coming back to rejoin the Polly’s team! Our customers sure have have missed her amazing smile and great customer service.
Polly’s a the Pier will be closed beginning Saturday August 18, 2018 and will be reopening on Friday August 24, 2018 at 8 am. We are taking a well deserved vacation as well as doing some maintenance in the restaurant.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
Mornings at Polly’s at the Pier where Chris enjoys our world class coffee from our boutique roaster and Chuck enjoys a cup of one of our large selection of Taco teas. Later in the day, Chris switches to our Iced Coffee served over Coffee Cubes (why dilute?!) and Chuck switches to one of our fresh brewed Iced Teas from our boutique Tea supplier.
Coffee or tea in the morning?