Chrisism: the word created when Chris gets flustered and combines two words. Today’s word is “Ciaodios”. This weekend we say goodbye to our Polly’s family as Polly’s transitions to the capable hands of Susan and Sean. It has been a pleasure to serve St Croix for the last 7 years. Thank you for being such loyal customers and friends over the years. Now we are going to sit down and rest our feet.
A special thanks to Sue Bacallao for being here on day 1 and sticking it out with us as Chris’ work wife. You will always be our family. We are super proud of Sean Moon who walked in 4 years ago looking for a job and started washing dishes. Look at what you have become! We have complete gratitude to Susan for stepping in and buying Polly’s to keep it from shutting its doors forever this month. Susan and Sean are committed to keeping the same daytime good family feeling of which our customers have become accustomed. We can’t wait to see what happens with the night time Tex-Mex expansion. Susan was always disappointed that Hurricane Maria stopped us from our planned kitchen expansion to add a full timeTex-Mex night menu…so she bought Polly’s 3 years later to make it happen! For the community, this means a growth of employment for Frederiksted. Susan and Sean are looking for additional Polly’s family immediately as well as in the near future with the night time expansion. Reach out to them directly.
We are excited that Alyssa will be back in the house in October as she returns from maternity leave. Margi, who was our lifesaver after Hurricane Maria, will be back on Saturday’s. (We have tried unsuccessfully to clone Margi for the other days.)
Chris will be in the house this weekend so please make sure to stop by and say “Ciaodios” to him.
I am signing off now. Ciaodios y’all!
The Polly’s at the Pier team wants to keep you safe and healthy. Here are ways that we are encouraging social distancing within our open environment and still allow you to be part of the community:
* We have limited the inside tables and have moved them to be at least 6 feet from each other.
* We have increased table seating in our beautiful open courtyard with at least 6 feet distance from each other.
* Hand-out menus are no longer available. You can find our menu taped to the entry doors and to the front counter. Please make your selection before approaching the counter.
* Please do not crowd the line to the counter – keep 6 feet distancing or wait outside until it is your time to approach the counter to place your order.
* Please enjoy our take-out service! You can find the menu on our website or Facebook and place your order 340-719-9434.
* If you have any cold symptoms, we ask that you please do not enter Polly’s. We will be happy to provide a pick-up service for you at the front window. Please let us know when you call in your order. You can provide your credit card info when you place your order.
* We encourage the use of credit cards instead of cash.
Polly’s at the Pier plans to keep our regular hours and our fantastic staff plans to keep serving you. We may need to make additional changes in the near future. Check back with us for updates. We hope that you will continue to support us!
All that’s missing in this picture is you.
Our breakfast menu is going through some exciting changes. Say goodbye to some favorite menu items since 2009…the Polly’s Burrito/Scramble, Veggie Burrito/Scramble, and Southwest Burrito/Scramble. Say hello to the Polly’s “Build YOUR Own” Burrito or Scramble! Each starts with the basics…3 delicious scramble eggs on a flour tortilla or with a side of Toast or English Muffin. You then choose your favorite items to add…like Bacon, Veggie Sausage, Chicken, Cheese, Sour Cream, Salsa, or your favorite veggie items. Keep it simple….or go wild.
Breakfast is served from 8 am to 11 am on weekdays and 8:30 am to 11 am on Saturday. Stop in for breakfast soon.
The specials at Polly’s at the Pier for Sept 2, 2017 are:
Breakfast special is Blueberry Pancakes. We haven’t done these in years and we were craving them. Served until 11 am.
There are 2 lunch specials today:
1. Carnita Quesadilla – pulled porks with red peppers, onions, cheddar cheese in a flour tortilla.
2. Southwest Blackbean Burger